Keen to be part of the action, meet new people and provide an essential service to the club?
Register your interest for our next club PATROL BOAT SAFETY COURSE and qualify to be a skipper or capable crew member of a Wakatere patrol boat this season.
No previous experience required.
- WHERE: Wakatere Boating Club
- WHEN: Saturday 24th Sept 2022
- TIME: 8:00am - 4:00pm
The course is fully subsidized by Wakatere in the expectation that people will support club racing or coaching this season.
We need now requesting expressions of interest. Numbers are limited.
Head to our PATROL BOAT page to register
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is absolutely ESSENTIAL for those who wish to skipper and crew Wakatere patrol boats. While many of you know how to drive a patrol boat, this course is about rescuing and retrieving boats and sailors in the water and how to manage rigs & sails when towing.
INSTRUCTOR: Phil Bishop from the Auckland Sailing School will run the course and it will include both theory and practical instruction.
You must be 15 yrs +
COST: The cost of the course is covered by Wakatere in the expectation that you will support club racing, coaching or regattas as an 'approved skipper' this season. If you need it, an official CBES Club Safety Boat Operator Certification will cost (around $30) and can be organized with the instructor on the day at your own expense.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A well fitting cap or hat (that won’t blow off in the wind)
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Lunch and a water bottle
- Wear clothes appropriate to the season. Wet suit ideal for winter
- Shirts should have a collar to keep the sun off the back of your neck
- A change of clothes in case you get wet
- If you have some form of wet-weather or spray jacket bring it with you
- Wear soft-soled shoes such as deck shoes or trainers but no hard black soles
- Bring your personal buoyancy vest if you have one or a club one can be provided
Thanks for supporting Wakatere!