Wakatere values all volunteers - as a family focused club, volunteering to help on one or more race days during each season is an essential part of our club membership. We also encourage the wider community to get involved.
Volunteers at Wakatere are supported by experienced race management and there is sure to be something for every level of interest and ability. Our race office radios need manning on Sunday afternoons and the race office has the best view in the house! This role is now vacant so dont delay...
Our primary club days are Sundays from Sept - May. Race briefing 1230hrs - race start 1330hrs
WAYS YOU CAN HELP -
- Beach marshal - helping with launching & trailers
- First Aid - we need more qualified local contacts
- Race Radio VHF Comms (ashore). Simple training provided
- Trained bar staff or general kitchen help
- Start boat crews (recorders, timekeepers, flag signals)
- Finish boat skippers and crew (recorders, timekeepers)
- Course laying skippers & crew
- Rescue boat skippers & crew
- Start/Finish mark laying skippers & crew
- Tractor driver (club training given)