CLUB FIRST AID
Our primary first aid kit is onshore in the Race Office (low white cupboards). There are supplementary kits in the kitchen and the downstairs training room and in grab bags for each patrol boat.
During regattas we have a number of Club members with medical training for immediate assistance. Contact the Race Office for details.
- Ambulance, Police, Fire: phone 111
- Auckland Civil Defence: 0800 222 200
- Coastguard *500 from a mobile phone
- Harbour Master: 0800 80 60 40 or 362 0397 (Ext 0)
- Devonport Fire Station: (09) 445 2297
- Takapuna Police Station: (09) 488 6200
- Auckland Council Hotline: (09) 301 0101
- VHF Channel 16
Any accident, incident, or near miss must be reported on the appropriate Accident/Injury Report form which can be found in the BLUE SAFETY FOLDER in the Race Office.
Any significant accident or injury must be reported to the Wakatere Safety Officer as soon as possible.
TO BE COMPLETED
- Accident Injury Report Form
- Accident Investigation Form
TO BE CONTACTED
- Wakatere Safety Officer Mike Shannon 021 2391814
FIRST AID COURSES
Do you know how to carry out CPR, recognise concussion, or use a defibrillator?
Wakatere holds first aid courses for club members during the season. They are partly subsidised by the club and are popular.