Health & Safety
Covid-19 Alert Level 1
From the 8th of Oct 2020 Auckland is at Covid-19 Alert Level 1.
While there are no restrictions, there are some common sense principals under Alert Level 1 that members need to keep applying:
- Continue to register with the Govt QR Code on arrival at Wakatere
- Please follow all available hygiene recommendations especially around hand washing
- Consider distancing yourself from people you don't know
- Please do not come to the club if you are feeling unwell for any reason
Auckland Council has now eased water restrictions for Auckland as of 12 Oct 2020 for commercial use (which includes clubs).
Club hoses may be used under the following conditions only:
- Only use hoses with trigger nozzles (all club hoses will have these fitted)
- Priority given to washing down any club patrol boats
- 30 seconds maximum time to wash any members' boats
- Allocate an adult to run the hose when washing kids boats to conserve water
As a club member, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that any of your actions or inactions do not cause harm or injury to you or anyone else.
Personal flotation devices (PFDs) must be worn by everyone afloat. This includes coaches, sailors & parents in club patrol boats.
NO ONE under the age of 15 yrs may be in control of a Wakatere club patrol boat, this applies whether there is an adult present or not. The skipper must have completed a certified Rescue Patrol Boat course or be a 'Wakatere approved skipper'.
For the launching & recovery of club patrol boats - centre console and larger boats must use the public vehicle access ramp (south/east of the club). Smaller tiller steers may use the central beach ramp.
Wakatere Patrol Boat standards:
Only persons given familiarisation training of the tractor are allowed to operate this equipment and they must be a club member. Formal training is organised by our Safety Officer.
The tractor may never use the central beach ramp. It must only operate on the public vehicle ramp.
Wakatere Safety Officer: Greg Lee +64 21 756105
Wakatere safety standards:
- Incident/accident report form
- Volunteer safety and club procedures
- Water Safety
- First Aid
- VHF Radios
- Beach Trailers
- Car Parking
NZ safety standards:
- Maritime NZ Recreational Safety Guidelines
- Auckland Harbour Master Rules & Regulations
- Yachting New Zealand Safety Regulations
- Coastguard NZ Life Jacket Code
Last updated 01:17 on 23 November 2020