How to Join
Membership for the 2022/23 season
(1st Sept 2022 - 31 August 2023)
To join up you will be taken to our member management system
"Create an account for Wakatere"
Then choose your membership type
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Categories & fees
- Junior (u18yrs) $220
- Youth (18-25yrs) $220
- Senior $370
- Family 2 (2 members) $430
- Family 3 (3 or more members) $480
- Tertiary Student (full-time study 18-24yrs) $120
- Associate (non-sailing adult) $120
- LTS Invitational (for learn to sail courses only) $100
All coaching fees at Wakatere are in addition to membership fees.
Terms & Conditions
1. Wakatere membership requires a commitment to club competition and helping on race days.
2. All members will be added to a duty roster at some point during the season for afternoon club racing. For juniors, a parent is expected to complete the roster on their behalf.
3. Wakatere members must recognize the club by entering regattas as a Wakatere Boating Club member.
What We Offer
- Easy access to great sailing waters
- Regular club racing Sept - May
- Experienced race management
- No entry fee to club racing
- Diverse senior & junior classes
- Coaching programmes
- Learn to sail programmes
- Club boats for learn to sail
- Women's social sailing
- Health & safety guidance
- Well maintained facilities
- Boat storage. A waiting list is held
- Opportunities to upskill in support areas
- Regular social events
- Affiliation to YNZ & AYBA
- Discounted rates for venue hire (off-peak/non-business) for full members
Wakatere members have affiliation with Yachting New Zealand, the governing body for our sport in New Zealand and to the Auckland Yacht & Boating Association, the regional association for the Auckland area incorporating some 50 boating clubs.
Affiliation has associated discounts and benefits. Click on these images ⤵