Re-Run in November - Bridge to Bean
Published 00:50 on 11 Mar 2021
Update 19th April 2021
Third time lucky - the RNZYS has announced that the Bridge to Bean Race will be re held in Nov 2021.
Update 17th Apr 2021
Due to maximum wind strengths being exceeded, the Bridge to Bean was cancelled just prior to the start.
Update 28th Feb 2021
The inaugural Bridge to Bean Race, which was scheduled for today, Sunday 28 February 2020, has been postponed due to Auckland moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 3.
Bridge to Bean Race
17th April 2021
NEW LATER START TIME: 1pm (1255 warning signal)
Join a huge fleet of sailing dinghies and foiling vessels will make a dash from the Harbour Bridge to the iconic Bean Rock Lighthouse. This is for all dinghy clubs just like Wakatere and something we dont get to do every day.
There are several launching locations around the harbour.
For club members living locally, Narrow Neck and Bayswater are your closest B2B launching locations with sign-on codes at each - the junior classes preferring to launch from Bayswater as it's closer to the start line at RNZYS. Enter online and then sign on at the launch location.
- Northcote Point; 1 Hinemoa Street, Birkenhead
- Bayswater Marina; 21 Sir Peter Blake Parade
- Point Chevalier Sailing Club; Raymond Res, Raymond St
- Westhaven Marina Boat ramp; 79 Westhaven Drive, St Marys Bay
- Royal Akarana Yacht Club; 8 Tamaki Drive, Okahu Bay
- Kohimarama Yacht Club; 80 Tamaki Drive, Mission Bay
- Wakatere Boating Club; Narrow Neck Beach
Please get in touch with your class rep if you need more information or check out TeamApp Bridge to Bean for all the latest updates.