Wakatere values all volunteers as their contribution is vital to ensuring successful, well organised and safe club events.
Volunteering to help on one or more race days a season is an essential part of becoming a member but you don't have to be a club member or sailor to get involved - we welcome help from the wider community.
Volunteers at Wakatere will be supported by our sailing committee, experienced race officers and sailing class reps with mentoring and training opportunities. There is something for everyone if you are keen to get involved.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP -
- Start boat crews (recorders, timekeepers, flag signals)
- Finish boat skippers and crew (recorders, timekeepers)
- Course laying skippers & crew
- Rescue boat skippers & crew
- Start/Finish mark laying skippers & crew
- Tractor driver (club training given)
- Beach marshal for race days
- Club compound marshal for race days
- First Aid - local phone contact or onsite during large regattas
- Race Radio VHF Comms (from our Race Office at the club)
- Kitchen help for afternoon racing and regattas
Our primary club days are Sundays with regular afternoon racing from Sept - May.
Take the first step and get in touch with Wakatere by emailing email@example.com
Last updated 04:42 on 22 February 2021