Membership requires a commitment to the Duty Roster from all club members each season. We have a healthy number of members to form a roster so this shouldn't be an onerous task if everyone plays their part.
This Duty Roster refers to afternoon club racing only.
No-one is exempt from duties. Parents will be rostered in lieu of their junior club member and be expected to complete a duty on their behalf.
You must take ownership of your duty - if you cannot make your duty, contact the Duty Coordinator for that date
Club members will be divided into 6 groups for the 2020-21 Duty Roster.
Senior sailing members, one parent member for junior sailors and junior members (15yrs and over) have been allocated between the six duty groups as follows:
- OP: Opti fleet - David Craddock
- OK: OK fleet - Dean Coleman
- SB: Sunburst fleet - Bruce Yarnton
- ST: Starling fleet - Greg Salthouse
- WS: Combination of fleets including Windsurf, Windfoil, 420, 29er - Gary Hill
- AC: Combination of fleets including A Class, 3.7, Laser, Waszp, Feva, Moth - Ed Crook & Derek Snow
Race results will not count for Groups on the date they are rostered. This allows the group to freely volunteer to help with the running of club racing.
2020/21 Roster Pre-Christmas
Sunday 13th Sept: AC group
Sunday 20th Sept: Sunburst group
Sunday 27th Sept: Windfoil group
Sunday 4th Oct: none
Sunday 11th Oct: OK group
Sunday 18th Oct: Optimist group
Sunday 8th Nov: Starling group
Sunday 15th Nov: Sunburst group
Sunday 22nd Nov: OK group
Sunday 29th Nov: Optimist group
Sunday 6th Dec: none
Sunday 13th Dec: tbc
SCHEDULE & DOCS
- Arrive at 12.00 for boat & mark preparation
- Check the whiteboard for boat allocations
- Sign-on on the whiteboard
- Attend race briefing at 12.30
Duty Roster Roles
Duty Coordinator / Race Director (may still sail if not also undertaking another duty); PRO ; Waka Skipper; Assistant PRO; Mark Layer 1 skipper; Mark Layer 1 crew; Mark Layer 2 skipper; Mark Layer 2 crew; Mark Layer 3 skipper; Mark Layer 3 crew; Finish boat skipper and results; Finish boat crew; Beach master (incl VHF if required); Tractor Driver
ROSTERS FOR REGATTAS
Additional Duty Rosters are created for regattas and they rely on all Club members and supporters to volunteer if they are available.
Can't do it without you! Thanks.
- PATROL BOAT CONDITIONS OF USE Sept 2020.pdf
- Wakatere Duty Roster Policy 2020_21.pdf
- Patrol Boat Safety Checklist 2020_21.pdf
Last updated 23:24 on 20 September 2020