The Wakatere General Committee is preparing to welcome members to our 2017-18 sailing season. Opening Day will be on Sunday 10th September 2017.
In preparation for the season we will follow our Strategic Document that recognises our heritage, culture and management model, allowing us to further steer the club in exciting directions.
This document identifies our Values, Mission and the Projects associated with 7 key objectives:
- Create a strong sense of Club consciousness, diversity, community and fun
- Maintain and grow our Senior and Junior membership
- Provide fair and safe programmes that support the competitive pathways of our sailors
- Provide effective financial administrative support and governance
- Maintain and develop effective communications and strong relationships
- Provide mentoring and training opportunities for our volunteer base
- Maintain and develop the Club's physical environment and infrastructure
The detailed Strategic Document can be found on the noticeboard at the club and is available at club member's request. It is a living document and is updated as it evolves.
The Committee is pleased to have moved to Sailing Club Manager in 2016 - with a website and membership portal that provides a personal login for each club member.
It provides tools for Flag officers and Members to manage Membership, Finances, Classes, Events, Results, Resources etc in a public and private environment allowing Wakatere to strengthen its visibility to a greater sailing community.
This system allows us to capture the many 'islands of information' and IP created by dedicated past members.
As a volunteer run club we are very lucky to have such a wonderful group of dedicated volunteers at Wakatere. We are already looking forward to the new season.
Wakatere General Committee
Last updated 02:40 on 13 July 2017