On behalf of the Wakatere General Committee, welcome to our 2016-17 sailing season.
In preparation for this season we officially signed a new Strategic Document to recognise our heritage, culture and management model, allowing us to further steer the club in exciting directions.
This document identifies our Values, Mission and the Projects associated with 7 key objectives:
- Create a strong sense of Club conciousness, community and fun
- Maintain and grow our Senior and Junior membership
- Provide fair and safe programmes that support the competitive pathways of our sailors
- Provide effective financial administrative support and governance
- Maintain and develop effective communications and strong relationships
- Provide mentoring and training opportunities for our volunteer base
- Maintain and develop the Club's physical environment and infrastructure
The Committee is pleased to announce the completion of one of these projects and invite you to view our new website and member portal through personal login credentials.
This new system allows us to capture the many 'islands of information' and IP created by dedicated past members.
It provides tools for Flag officers and Members to manage Membership, Finances, Classes, Events, Results, Resources etc in a public and private environment allowing Wakatere to strengthen its visibility to a greater sailing community.
In particular the Calendar recognises our season's events along with class National and International regattas.
The Club is looking great, we are so lucky to have such a wonderful place and group of dedicated volunteers.
There is an air of excitement for the new season.
Wakatere General Committee
Last updated 02:00 on 21 March 2017