Wakatere is a busy and active centreboard dinghy sailing club and is fortunate to have a healthy membership across a wide range of ages and sailing classes. This mix of juniors and seniors is special. With a great community base, a family environment and a superb location, we warmly welcome all new members.
Boats are privately owned with the exception of a small number of Opti and Fevas used for Learn to Sail courses.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Easy access to great sailing waters
- Well maintained club rooms and facilities
- Boat storage for active club members. A waiting list is held.
- Regular club racing from September - May
- Race management afloat and ashore
- No entry fee to club racing for members
- Diverse senior & junior classes
- Coaching programmes (junior & youth)
- Learn to sail programmes (junior, youth & adult)
- Opportunities to upskill in support areas (patrol boat safety, tractor driving, first aid etc)
- Affiliation to YNZ & AYBA with associated discounts and benefits
- Discounted rates for venue hire bookings (off peak)
HOW TO JOIN
For new membership, please download and complete this Membership Application and return by email. A photo of a completed application form is acceptable.
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Wakatere membership requires a commitment to club competition and helping on race days throughout the season.
Members (or parents of junior members) will be added to a duty roster at some point during the season for afternoon club racing.
Members must recognise the club by entering regattas as a Wakatere Boating Club member.
Club membership is required to participate in all coaching programmes. Bookings are only accessible to club members.
Membership is an annual subscription and runs from 1st September - 1st September each year.
2019 - 2020 CATEGORIES & FEES
Junior - $180 (18yrs or under)
Senior - $285
Family 2 (2 family club members) - $340
Family 3 (3 or more family club members) - $370
Tertiary Student - $95 (full time 18-24yrs)
Associate (non sailing) - $85
We do not offer pro rata fees.
Membership includes affiliation to both Yachting New Zealand and the Auckland Yacht & Boating Association. Membership to a club affiliated to YNZ is required for entry to all national and major regattas in NZ.
Members will receive a YNZ Members Card as proof of membership and be able to access the YNZ app on smartphones. YNZ affiliation comes with a variety of benefits and discounts. See link below.
YNZ Members cards are posted once a year, immediately following the confirmation to YNZ of our new season membership. For anyone joining Wakatere later in the season, please contact Wakatere if a card is required for regatta entry.
Membership: email Amanda Michel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 01:38 on 17 July 2019