First Aid Course Oct 2018
This First Aid Course will be run by Triple One and will be focused around the marine environment.
- DATE: Saturday 13th October 2018
- TIME: from 8:00am to 4:30pm
- PLACE: at Wakatere
- COST: $115 per person for club members
All participants must be 15yrs and over.
This course is a NZQA unit standard on successful completion (NZQA 6402 – Provide basic life support, 1 credit)
A number of club coaches will also attend by arrangement with the Coaching Coordinator.
Proposed training topics include:
- Scene Assessment
- Primary Survey (DR ABCD)
- CPR & use of AED
- Bleeding/ Trauma/Controlling severe bleeding
- Basic drowning physiology
- Exposure/ Hypothermia
- Bag Valve Mask (BVM) resuscitation
- Oxygen administration (if applicable and Oxygen available)
- Poisons/ Marine stings, such as e.g. jellyfish stings
*When making a booking, give the system a moment to find your name after you begin to type -
Last updated 3:19am on 4 October 2018