Opti Confidence Training Term 1 2020
Sunday morning confidence training in your Optimist! This course is for junior sailors who have completed a certified Learn to Sail course and are ready to build skills and confidence before turning to racing. Sessions focus on topics like upwind sailing and speed, but with an emphasis on fun and love of the sport. These are coach-run sessions, but parents are welcome to be involved here at Wakatere. No previous sailing experience necessary for parents - but please advise head coach Lydia Grasberger of any experience you may have at email@example.com.
- 13 sessions on Club Sundays - 19th Jan until 3rd May 2020
- 9.00am - 12.00pm (be rigged and ready by 9.00am)
- $100 per sailor - Wakatere club membership must also be current
- Assistance may be requested both on and off the water. On water - help crew patrol boats. Off water - to set up and wash down patrol boats, manage clearing up trolleys from the beach.
- Please contact Lydia if you require use of the club Optimists. They are available on a short term basis while you sort out your own boat, with a small fee.
- 19th January *holiday start time 9:30am
- 2nd February *holiday start time 9:30am
- 9th February
- 16th February
- 23rd February
- 1st March
- 15th March
- 22nd March
- 5th April
- 12th April
- 19th April
- 26th April
- 3rd May (closing day)
Club Picnic: 8th March
Optimist Fun Morning: 3rd May
PARENT VOLUNTEER ROLES:
In addition to the weekly assistance mentioned above there are two key roles that help the Sunday morning run smoothly:
BEACH MANAGER: responsible for clearing the beach of trolleys, being the shore based radio, managing children who wish to come in early.
COMPOUND MANAGER: responsible for setting up the patrol boats and washing them down.
Please contact Lydia if you are able to volunteer for either of these roles firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are open to club members with a login.
When making a booking, give the system a moment to find the sailor's name as you begin to type. A drop down of club contacts names will appear
Last updated 8:46am on 16 January 2020