The Auckland Winter Sprint Series returns to Wakatere for the second and final date this Saturday 2 July. It will continue at other clubs until mid-September. Due to a bit of bad weather on the day, the series has only been sailed on one date so far, at the previous Wakatere date. All dates and venues listed below.
The forecast is 10-15 knots SW this Saturday with no rain and clear skies – perfect winter sailing! A great opportunity to get some points going, practice your start sequences and blow the cobwebs away.
It's open to all Opti Open & Opti Green, Starlings and P Class sailors from all clubs. The NZIODA Euro team will be joining us.
- 7 May at Kohi (not sailed, no wind at all)
- 21 May at MBSC (not sailed, way too much wind)
- 11 June at Wakatere
- 25 June at MBSC (cancelled, too much sideways rain & wind)
- 2 July at Wakatere
- 30 July at Akarana
- 13 August at Howick
- 27 August at Maraetai
- 10 Sept at MBSC in conjunction with the Ice Breaker Regatta