Optimist Fundraiser Regatta 2009
Written by Peter Kempkers
Thursday, 18 June 2009 11:34
For those who are keen to come along to the Kohi Regatta this Sunday and
race in the Open Fleet, you know the drill - parents must let Mike know if
you want to be on the water to support.
For the Green Fleet, and especially those for whom it will be their first
green fleet regatta please note:
1. Contact Mike Simpson, or go onto the website and sign up if you
would like to get onto one of the club trailers. Between the various
trailers we will be able to get everyone there.
2. On Sunday those who want to be on the trailer will need to be at
the club early to load their boats by 7.45am for an 8.00am departure. Bring
some ties to secure your boat. If trailer fully booked on website just turn
up at the club - plenty of options.
3. All parents of children sailing will need to be at Kohimarama for
the time that their children are there.
4. Several parents may be required to assist in towing coach boats so
if you are able to help, please contact Mike and be at the club Sunday
5. Parking will generally be on Tamaki Drive.
6. We will try to set ourselves up to rig up near to the trailers, so
look out for them. We aim to be between the club and the boat ramp.
7. Aim to be rigged by 0930 so we can go along to the club and enter
($20) and attend the briefing at 10am. We will have a quick rules refresher
after the main briefing.
8. Parents or children who would like to come along to watch the
racing should speak to Terry Nicholas on the day and he will take as many as
practical on the water.
9. Please make sure kids get an early night and plenty of food and
warm gear. Cut all the sugar rubbish out give them real food like baked
beans. Food can be taken out on the water by support craft for consumption
throughout the day.
The current forecast is showing a fine day with 10 knot southerlies, so a
perfect day to go green fleet racing! We know we're allowing plenty of time
but as a number are new just go with the flow and make it work.
Last Updated on Sunday, 21 June 2009 19:36