Welcome to the new Sunday opti coaching season 2009/2010 starting this Sunday Oct 18th.
The new Sunday Green Fleet will start as a large group with some moving into an advanced group in the coming weeks.
Dress warmly as the water is still cold. A short leg wetsuit and polyprops are recommended.
A WAKA WOF safety check will be done on your boat before you can sail.
Payments outstanding must be paid at the club before joining a group. A registration desk will be open this Sunday ($145 for the whole season for Sunday coaching) Club membership should also be paid. Thanks to those that have already paid.
There are specific patrol boats allocated to groups each Sunday. See the sign on sheets for listings if parents want to get out on the water. Buoyancy vests also apply to parents! Don’t forget there will always be something on in the clubhouse if the weather is bad. There will be a second hand sailing gear table this Sunday. A chance to turn those items you’ve grown out of into cash and there might be something else to fit. Note the later start time. See you then. Gary Hill (coordinator) and Amanda Michel (registration)
TIMETABLE FOR SUNDAY COACHING FOR GREEN FLEET
• 9 – 9.30 arrive at the club and SIGN ON first.
• Rig boat and leave in front of the clubhouse. Stay clear of opti Confidence groups already being coached.
• Dress for sailing and wear your Wakatere vest if you have one
• 10am briefing in the main hall followed by coaching
• Boat safety checks will be carried out by one of your coaches. Please see WAKA WOF checklist.
• Wakatere season stickers will be given to sailors that pass their WOF and have paid for coaching.
• Stickers must be clearly displayed on the stern of your opti before you go in the water.
• See the full days schedule which should have been emailed to you. It is expected that most Green Fleeters will participate in the afternoon club racing when not away at regattas. This Sunday Oct 18th there are 3 more season point races in the afternoon.