Results Manly Regatta - Green Fleet
- Created on Tuesday, 20 October 2009 00:38
- Last Updated on Saturday, 02 August 2014 04:42
- Written by Mindgames
- Hits: 636
A fantastic turnout of Green Fleet sailors with 11 entries from Wakatere out of a fleet of 19 (all boys anyone know what has happened to girl power?).
Everyone had a good time and learned heaps in a variety of conditions.
Wakatere sailors dominated the results sheets with 9 sailors finishing up the regatta in the top 12. A Wakatere sailor won every race Jonathon 2, Max 2, William 1 (the really windy one well done William).
Remember though that attending Green Fleet Regattas is more about the experience than it is about the results. EveryoneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sailing is improving race by race (some so much so that their days in Green Fleet may well be numbered).
Hard luck stories of the day:
- Joseph lead the first race off the start line and stayed in front to still be leading at the top mark on lap two Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Unfortunately a (shall we say) small navigation error left the door open and Jonathon pounced for the win.
- William finished the first race in second to find that he was OCS at the start Whoops.
- Jonathon after winning race one and two and coming third in race 3 to top the score sheets at lunch time swamped his boat in race 4 and decided after bailing it out that he had had enough (well done young man your day will come).
- The entire fleet (except William and Max who were the only finishers) for trying their best to finish the last race in 20 plus knots. Well done boys those conditions were extreme for Green Fleet Optis.
Congratulations to everyone that competed Ã¢â‚¬â€œ you have all earned next weekend off. See you all at club day on the 1st November.