Wakatere Club Champs
Published 04:54 on 24 Mar 2019
The Committee and Class Reps are looking forward to a full turnout of all classes at our Club Championship this month. Competing for the opportunity to be recognised on our honours board against past Wakatere champions is pretty special. We encourage you all to do your best.
Club Champs Dates
- Sunday 31st March Day 1 (not sailed)
- Sunday 7th April Day 2
- Sunday 14th April Day 3 (save day)
Day 3 (save day) is in case of bad weather or if any class has a major regatta clash on either of the previous dates. Results from 2 dates will count as agreed on a class basis by your class rep (it is not up to individuals when they sail 2 dates).
Briefing 12:30 / first warning signal 1:30 / all classes
- Sunday 31st March DAY 1 racing is not part of the Club Champs for: Farr 3.7, 29er, Starling, Windsurfer and RS Feva classes. The first four classes are rostered for race duty and the Fevas are exempt due to a clash with their Nationals.
- Sunday 7th April DAY 2 racing is not part of the Club Champs for: OK Dinghy (Turangi Regatta), Laser (Auckland Champs). A Class, Waszp, Feva & Laser classes are rostered for race duty and are also exempt.
- Sunday 14th April DAY 3 racing at Wakatere is not part of the Club Champs for the following classes: Starling (Nationals at Taipa); Farr 3.7 (Auckland Champs at Pt Chev); Sunburst (Auckland Champs at Pt Chev). However... the Sunburst and Farr 3.7 class will count the 3 Sunday races at Pt Chev as race 4, 5, 6 of the Wakatere Club Champs.
Club Championships Format & Discards:
- Three Sundays will be allocated in the Club Programme for holding the Club Championships.
- Each class is to hold the Club Championship races within two of these three Sundays.
- A minimum of three entries for a class will be required.
- Three races will be scheduled for each day.
- A maximum of 6 races are to count for the Club Championship. The races will be the first six which are held.
- Any queries regarding the format should be addressed to the class representative in the first instance.
- 1 discard after the completion of 5 races. A minimum of 3 races are required to constitute a series.
Last updated 07:56 on 11 April 2019