Five National Titles
Published 05:37 on 12 Feb 2018
On one very wet & windy weekend in New Zealand, Wakatere club members scooped FIVE NZ National titles. Fantastic!
- 2018 NZ Farr 3.7 Nationals - 1st Derek Snow
- 2018 NZ Waszp Nationals - 1st Bruce Curson
- 2018 NZ Sunburst Nationals - 1st Andrew & Cam Brown
- 2018 NZ 49er Nationals - 1st Logan Dunning Beck with Oscar Gunn (MBSC)
- 2018 NZ 470 Mens Nationals - 1st Paul Snow Hansen with Dan Willcox (MBSC)
While in the Opti Open fleet at Junior Sail Auckland, Josh Hyde was 1st and Mason Mulcahy was 2nd from a top class fleet of 70. And in the Nespresso Youth International Match Racing Cup saw George Lee Rush & Harry Milne in different teams but finish 1st and 2nd teams in the Elliot 7 class. Great results all round.
Congratulations to all the prize winners and all who took part in their respective events. For those at Wakatere, we had challenging conditions, heavy rain, poor visibility but the wind was good and the sailors were keen. Great attitude to have.
Many thanks to all the volunteers who helped make our first multi-class National regatta such a success.
What a weekend. More on our Facebook page.
Image: Derek Snow Farr 3.7
Last updated 05:51 on 17 April 2018