Join Our Volunteers
Published 00:00 on 21 Mar 2020
Wakatere values all volunteers - as a family focused club, volunteering to help on one or more race days during each season is an essential part of our club membership. We also welcome help from extended family members and the local Devonport community. The contribution by volunteers is vital to ensure the safe, successful and well organised running of club events. Without our volunteers we wouldn't have the afternoon racing and regattas that club members enjoy each season.
Our club calendar runs from Sept - May and our primary club days are Sundays with regular racing in the afternoon. Briefing 12:30pm; Race start 1:30pm. We also host a few key events during the season, at least one National Regatta or Championship - we are a busy active club.
Volunteers at Wakatere will be supported by experienced race management. There is something for everyone if you are keen to get involved. Our race office radios need manning on Sunday afternoons and the race office has the best view in the house!
WAYS YOU CAN HELP -
- Beach marshal - helping with launching & trailers
- First Aid - we need more qualified local contacts
- Race Radio VHF Comms (ashore). Simple training provided
- Trained bar staff or general kitchen help
- Start boat crews (recorders, timekeepers, flag signals)
- Finish boat skippers and crew (recorders, timekeepers)
- Course laying skippers & crew
- Rescue boat skippers & crew
- Start/Finish mark laying skippers & crew
- Tractor driver (club training given)
Please get in touch with Wakatere by emailing email@example.com or use our Contact page.
Last updated 09:09 on 6 April 2020