Join Our Volunteers
Published 00:00 on 2 Dec 2019
Wakatere values all volunteers - as a family focused club, volunteering to help on one or more race days during each season is an essential part of our club membership. We also welcome help from extended family members and the local Devonport community. The contribution by volunteers is vital to ensure the safe, successful and well organised running of club events. Without our volunteers we wouldn't have the afternoon racing and regattas that club members enjoy each season.
Our club calendar runs from Sept - May and our primary club days are Sundays with regular racing in the afternoon. Briefing 12:30pm; Race start 1:30pm. We also host a few key events during the season, at least one National Regatta or Championship - we are a busy active club.
Volunteers at Wakatere will be supported by experienced race management. There is something for everyone if you are keen to get involved.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP -
- Start boat crews (recorders, timekeepers, flag signals)
- Finish boat skippers and crew (recorders, timekeepers)
- Course laying skippers & crew
- Rescue boat skippers & crew
- Start/Finish mark laying skippers & crew
- Tractor driver (club training given)
- Beach marshall helping with launching & trailers
- First Aid - local phone contact or onsite during large regattas
- Race Radio VHF Comms (ashore)
- Kitchen help for afternoon racing and regattas
Please get in touch with Wakatere by emailing email@example.com or use our Contact page.
Last updated 23:58 on 12 December 2019