Membership requires a commitment to the Duty Roster from all club members each season. We have a healthy number of members to form a roster so this shouldn't be an onerous task if everyone plays their part.
The Duty Roster refers to afternoon club racing only.
No-one is exempt from duties. Parents will rostered in lieu of their junior club member and expected to complete a duty on their behalf.
You must take ownership of your duty - if you cannot make your duty, contact the Duty Coordinator for that date
GROUPS & COORDINATORS
Club members have been divided into 5 groups for the 2018-19 Duty Roster.
Senior sailing members, one parent member for junior sailors and junior members 15 and over have been allocated between the five duty groups as follows:
- OP – Opti fleet - Hugh Rebbeck
- OK – OK fleet - Dean Coleman
- SB – Sunburst fleet - Bruce Yarnton
- WS – Combination of fleets including Windsurfer, Starling, 420, 3.7, 29er - Gary Hill & Derek Snow
- AC – Combination of fleets including A Class, Laser, Waszp, Feva, Moth - Ed Crook
Club members can expect to be contacted by one the Coordinators for one duty pre-Christmas and one duty post-Christmas.
SCHEDULE & DOCS
- Arrive at 12.00 for boat & mark preparation
- Check the whiteboard for boat allocations
- Sign-on on the whiteboard
- Attend race briefing at 12.30
Duty Roster Roles
Duty Co-ordinator / Race Director (may still sail if not also undertaking another duty); PRO ; Waka Skipper; Assistant PRO; Mark Layer 1 – skipper; Mark Layer 1 – crew; Mark Layer 2 – skipper; Mark Layer 2 – crew; Mark Layer 3 – skipper; Mark Layer 3 – crew; Finish boat skipper and results; Finish boat crew; Beach master (incl VHF if required); Tractor Driver
ROSTERS FOR REGATTAS
Additional Duty Rosters are created for regattas and they rely on all Club members and supporters to volunteer if they are available.
Can't do it without you! Thanks.
- Patrol Boat Safety Checklist 031117.pdf
- Patrol Boat Conditions of Use 041117.pdf
- Wakatere Duty Roster Policy 070818.pdf
- Duty Weekend Allocation Calendar 101018.pdf
Last updated 01:46 on 8 March 2019