Wakatere values all volunteers - as a family focused club, volunteering to help on one or more race days during each season is an essential part of our club membership. We also welcome help from extended family members and the local Devonport community. The contribution by volunteers is vital to ensure successful, well organised and safe club events. Without our volunteers we wouldn't have the afternoon racing and regattas that club members enjoy each season.
Our club calendar runs from Sept - May and our primary club days are Sundays with regular racing in the afternoon. Briefing 12:30pm; Race start 1:30pm. We also host a few key events during the season, often a class National Regatta or Championship - we are a busy active club.
Volunteers at Wakatere will be supported by our sailing committee, experienced race officers and sailing class representatives. We provide mentoring and training opportunities for activities afloat and ashore, there is something for everyone if you are keen to get involved.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP -
- Start boat crews (recorders, timekeepers, flag signals)
- Finish boat skippers and crew (recorders, timekeepers)
- Course laying skippers & crew
- Rescue boat skippers & crew
- Start/Finish mark laying skippers & crew
- Tractor driver (club training given)
- Beach marshall for race days
- Club compound marshall for race days
- First Aid - local phone contact or onsite during large regattas
- Race Radio VHF Comms (from our Race Office at the club)
- Kitchen help for afternoon racing and regattas
You don't have to be a club member or sailor to get involved - your help is appreciated.
Please get in touch with Wakatere by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 22:49 on 19 February 2020