Wakatere values all volunteers - as a family focused club, volunteering to help on one or more race days during each season is an essential part of club membership for our sailors. We also welcome a wider group of supporters (extended family, local community members, seniors) and the contribution by everyone to the club is vital to ensure successful, well organised club events. Without our volunteers we wouldn't have the afternoon racing and regattas that club members enjoy each season.
Our club calendar runs from Sept - Sept and our Club Race Days are Sundays with regular racing in the afternoon. Briefing 12:30pm; Race start 1:30pm. We also host a few key events during the season, often a class National Regatta or Championship - we are a busy active club.
Volunteers at Wakatere will be supported by our Sailing Committee, experienced Race Officers and sailing Class Reps. We provide mentoring and training opportunities for activities afloat or ashore, there is something for everyone.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP -
- Start Boat Crews (recorders, timekeepers, flag signals)
- Finish Boat skippers and crew (recorders, timekeepers)
- Course laying skippers & crew
- Rescue boat skippers & crew
- Start/Finish mark laying skippers & crew
- Tractor driver (experienced)
- Beach marshal for race days
- Club compound marshall for race days
- First Aid - local phone contact or onsite during large regattas
- Race Radio VHF Comms (from our Race Office ashore)
- Kitchen help for afternoon racing and regattas
If you can help on some of our race days, contact General Club Information - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 03:39 on 28 April 2017